I don’t know about you, but for me, there is nothing better then walking through an outdoor market! The finds there are unlike anywhere else and there is just a certain ambiance about the whole day! Visiting an outdoor market is like nothing else out there!
I recently learned about an outdoor market that features one of a kind art, fashion, furniture, jewelry and so much more! Imagine walking around the market with features over 300 vendors, cocktails, food and even cabanas that you can rent! Imagine a cabana where a personalized concierge will take care of your packages, transportation, food and drink! That sounds like a perfectly lovely and relaxing time! Wondering where you can find such an enticing market? What if I told you that you have to go no further then the Midwest!
That’s right, this distinctive market can be found right in the Midwest!
The Randolph Street Market Festival, home of the world famous Chicago Antique Market, is an internationally recognized European-style indoor and outdoor shopping extravaganza in Chicago’s historic West Loop. The Market, aptly dubbed “the Barneys of vintage” is a huge celebration of fashion, home design, antiques, artwork, music, food and great people watching! Having welcomed more than 100,000 shoppers in 2015, the event has even bigger things in store for 2016!
From May-September, 300+, and October-April, 100+ select purveyors of high quality, value-priced “finds” sell at this destination for treasure hunters, fashionistas, designers, Hollywood set decorators, and people who want to see and be seen. Voted as Time Out Chicago’s “Best Market” in 2013, and featured in Travel & Leisure, the NY Times, Lucky Magazine, UK’s Guardian and more, the Randolph Street Market Festival is considered “a mecca of cool”, “the best hot spot for antiquing”, “the best Chicago venue for people watching”, and “the Barney’s of Vintage”.
Celebrity designer Nate Berkus says, “I love this market…the quality is incredible!”
Home of the Chicago Antique Market, Randolph Street Market brings art and antique aficionados the best shopping market in Chicago, Memorial Day Weekend, May 28th and 29th.
Featured antique dealers traveling from all over the Midwest at the May market include Ohio’s Dick Russell with his visually stimulating pieces spanning several centuries for the home from a Hand Carved Elephant Table to Malvern Lamp Tables by Lillian August for Drexel Heritage; Bleeker Street’s Denise O’Dell brings her repurposed antiques (think metal conveyor belt chain crafted into a basket or light fixture); Kansas City’s 20th Century Art & Interiors; VF Interiors will have their Chinese antiques and award-winning art; and even restored (to mint condition!) vintage Schwinn bikes equipped with baskets and bells from Mike’s Classic Bikes.
May’s home good vendors include SouthLoopLoft one of Chicago’s favorite resources for unique home furnishings will have pieces like Brass Pagoda Lamps by Frederick Cooper and an iconic pair of leather and iron chairs designed by celebrated artist, Ilana Goor.
Fashionistas will love the unique vintage fashion as well as jewelry and accessories from the likes of famed costume jewelry dealer D. Brent Benson.
Don’t miss the following new and exciting elements at this month’s Market:
- Onsite appraisals on Sundays all season long from 11am-2pm with acclaimed appraiser John Leonard of Leonard Auction. Gather your treasures to find out what they’re really worth!
- Master Makeup Artist and Body Painter, Orlando Barsallo, and Flower Artist to the stars, Roberto Gonzalez, will be creating a Garden of Eden. Orlando will be live painting on the bodies of Adam & Eve while floral artist Roberto makes floral crowns and build a tree of life. Visitors will get to buy a flower to put on the tree with money going to Bernie’s Book Bank, a Chicago literacy project.
- Get easy access to the Market with the Market Trolley, sponsored by Mariano’s and departing round trip from the Water Tower on the hour.
- Cool down in the Shade Shack all weekend and go back in time with a market-wide Disco dance party at noon Saturday with Market DJ & M/C DJ Jones! Additionally, visit the Vinyl Depot – our hub for vinyl record sellers.
- Bring your kids for a day of Treasure Hunting! Pick up a Treasure Map and activity sheet at the front gate and enjoy a day of exploration at RSM. Hand in the completed sheet to the Washington St gate and let your child pick a prize from the treasure chest, as well as take home a goody bag filled with bubbles, crayons and more.
- VINYL DEPOT! Thousands of collectible records from 45’s to LP’s, jazz to rock and show tunes galore will make you tap your toes and groove down memory lane.
- FANCY FOOD MARKET! All types of chocolates, cakes, breads, spices, olive oils, salsa to bring home or enjoy during the event .
- GLOBAL GOODS BAZAAR! Some delightful crafts and artisan goods representative of Chicago’s ethnic neighborhoods.
- FLOWER MARKET! Curated by Chicago’s best florists and farmer’s markets!
- THIS IS A PET FRIENDLY EVENT (only in the outdoor portions of the market)
- Complimentary Furniture Delivery* within downtown Chicago!
- RESTORE & PROTECT YOUR HEIRLOOMS AND NEW MARKET PURCHASES! These onsite services available May-September • Appraisal Service • Onsite Furniture Delivery Service • Gold Buying Service • Crystal & Porcelain Repair Service • Furniture Restoration Service • Art Restoration Service • Lamp & Lighting Repair Service
Doesn’t this outdoor market sound fantastic! Below is all of the information about this great market.
May 28 + 29th
June 25th + 26th
July 30th + 31st
August 27th + 28th
September 24th + 25th
May-September: Saturday 8 am – 10 am (early buying) 10 am- 5 pm and Sunday, – 10 am to 5 pm
WHERE: Beaux Arts Plumber’s Hall, 1340 W. Washington Street, Chicago
PRICE: Discounted $8 tickets are available in advance (click here); general admission $10, students with ID $3 or $5 at the gate. Children 12 and under free.
$30 ~ FOUR GIRLFRIENDS TICKET PACKAGE Arrive between 11am-2pm on May 28 or 29 Ticket Includes: – 1 Market Bar Drink each (4 total, receive a check off card at the gate and bring to market bar for beverage) -1 photo op at the Randolph Market Photobooth (group photo, open noon-3 Saturday & Sunday) – 1 discounted admission each (one voucher good for four (4) girlfriends, present paypal receipt in print or on smartphone at the entry gate)
$20 ~ EARLY BUYING SATURDAY MAY 28 TICKET Outdoors at 8am & Indoors at 9am. General Admission at 10am. $25 at the gate.
$6 ~ THREE-FOR-TWO STUDENT ADMISSION TICKET Student ID is required during check in.
How would you like to win TWO tickets to this market during the month of May? The Randolph Street Market has graciously provided two free tickets for one of our lucky readers! Enter for your chance below!
Randolph Street Market – Two FREE tickets for a visit in May!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”