(This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase).
Two of my favorite meals are breakfast and tex-mex! So when I cook, if I can fix either for dinner, it’s a win-win!
I was recently inspired by a recipe I came across in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. Have you ever looked at one of those cookbooks? They have been a favorite of mine for years and I refer back to them a lot.
I’ll admit my family was a bit hesitant when I told them we were having Huevos y Enchiladas. However, considering they finished the whole thing and asked for more meant this recipe was a keeper!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat until browned. Drain the grease and put the sausage in a large bowl.
- In a smaller pan, add the butter. As the butter is melting whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Then add the eggs and scramble them until they are just set.
- Once the eggs are done, add them to the sausage and mix in one cup of the shredded cheese.
- Pour a small amount of the enchilada sauce into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Fill each tortilla with 3 tsp of the sausage and egg mixture. Roll up the tortilla and place them seam side down in the pan.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.
Does your family like to eat breakfast for dinner? What combinations have you came up with?