Top Five Reasons to Love Abbey Road
Abbey Road…when you hear that name, what comes to mind? A famous group? The name of a road that you visited?
For me, Abbey Road stands for the road where the Beatles had the picture taken!
If you are a serious Beatle fan, then you know that the world famous Beatles tribute festival WAVE 3 News Abbey Road on the River, has been held for the last 12 years in Louisville Kentucky.
Starting in 2017, the festival will be held in Jeffersonville Indiana!
The WAVE 3 News Abbey Road on the River will be held in Jeffersonville on Memorial Day Weekend 2017 (May 25 – 29).
The Top Five Reasons to Love Abbey Road on the River is:
- Promximity: Big Four Station Park, which is the new venue, is only two miles from the festival’s previous home!
- Local Restaurants & Retail: Jeffersonville has a revitalized Main Street district that will give attendees fantastic new options!
- Views: For those walking the Big Four Bridge, you will get breathtaking skyline views of Louisville as well as the festival site!
- Direct access for boaters: The Jeffersonville marina, aka Fisherman’s Wharf, just had a $3 million renovation completed.
- Parking: There are 1,200 FREE parking spaces within a half-mile of the festival location!
The festival will also coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love as well as the 50th anniversary of the release of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band!
1967 was definitely a milestone Summer! The festival will mark that summer with a fantastic lineup of popular musicians from that time!
- Former Wings band members Laurence Juber (guitarist) and Steve Holley (drummer).
- The Family Stone
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders
- Grammy-winner Peter Asher of Peter and Gordon
- American rock band Ambrosia
- American rock band The Grass Roots
To learn more about lodging and to purchase tickets, head over to their website, www.AROTR.com. Enter the code “October” now through Oct. 31 to save $20 on each Reserved ticket. Single day general admission tickets will go on sale Nov. 1.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”