Two Delicious Sides for Thanksgiving!
Granted when I think of Thanksgiving, I think of ham or turkey, however, we all know how important the sides are! There is nothing better than potatoes and gravy….of course you can’t forget the green bean casserole! But sometimes we have to think out of the box!
I recently came across the scrumptious looking recipes. What do you think? Have you ever enjoyed Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes? How about Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus Dip?
Chef Anthony Stewart from Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa created these delicious recipes! If you decide to try them, let me know how they turned out!
Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
- In a large pot, cook potatoes and calabaza in gently boiling water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes and calabaza with a wire whisk. Add sour cream and mix well.
Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap a scrubbed, rinsed and sliced sweet potato in aluminum foil and bake for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until soft.
- Allow potato to cool.
- Puree all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Add water if hummus is too thick.
- Serve with sliced vegetables.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”