Hairstyle…how many times in the morning does your child change their mind about what hairstyle they are going to wear to school?
Soon school will be back in session which means chaotic mornings full of hair loves/hates and possible meltdowns from either Mom or Dad or the kids!
Milk & Cookies Kids Spa & Salon provided some terrific hair hacks to hopefully help control the hair issues on school mornings!
5 Fabulous Hairstyle Hacks for School Mornings
Back to school means a new schedule and time sensitive mornings. Milk & Cookies Kids Spa & Salon, the hotspot for tots in NYC, has some Hairstyle Hacks for busy morning and crazed kids.
1. For wild and unruly hair, it needs water, but you may not have time for a full hair in the sink or shower situation. Keep a squirt bottle handy and you can put a towel around your child’s neck and spray down crazy curls or tame tresses.
2. When hair is full of knots in the morning, you can spray a little Detangler into hair (even if it is dry) to help. We love Glop & Glam’s Creamsicle Mist Moisturizing Detangler because it smells amazing and it really works. Also opt for a detangling brush like The Wet Brush which can help ease pulling.
3. Think ahead. Braids have become essential- we call it the Elsa Influence- and this is a look you can do the night before. If you add a little gel to the braid or braids and do while the hair is wet, you are more likely to have the look last throughout the night. And if your child wakes up looking like they wrestled alligators and their hair lost- no problem. Simply unwind the braid(s) for a wavy, beachy look. Gently comb out and they are ready to go! Another option is sponge curlers the night before. When hair is towel dried and still wet, roll into place and in the morning you have curls that are ready to go.
4. Cute hair accessories can save any look. Headbands and cute clips make it look like you had more time than you did. You can pull hair back in a low or high ponytail and add an accessory that will look adorable. If you can’t find the matching accessory in the morning- a simple tweak to make it look like you spent more time on the hair than you did, is to wrap a strand of hair around the rubber band and bobbe pin into place.
5. For boys – never underestimate hair gel. Give your child a side part and work the gel into hair and slick back. It looks super polished and cool.
For more information on Milk & Cookies Kids Spa & Salon.