One of the places on our bucket list that has beaches and fun family activities is Wilmington NC! One of things that have always made me hesitant about planning a total beach vaca is the weather. Let’s face it, it’s unpredictable. I know living in the Midwest it can change every five minutes! While thinking of things to do on our bucket list, I came across Wilmington North Carolina. I love that they have a lot of options for families to do! They have a variety of fun attractions that are kid appropriate plus they are located near three beaches!
I had the opportunity to chat with the Wilmington and Beaches CVB and these are the Top 10 Things to Do With Kids in Wilmington!
1. Children’s Museum of Wilmington – They offer magical and playful experiences for kids of all ages!
2. Wilmington Railroad Museum – They have a Thomas the Tank Train play area, over 20 model trains, a life-size caboose, boxcar and 100 yr old steam locomotive.
3. Jungle Rapids – This is a family fun park which has a water park, Jungle Lagoon golf, laster tag, Grand Prix Go-Karts, The Rock Climbing Wall, Arcade Games and more!
4. Defy Gravity – This is a 23,000 sq foot facility with wall to wall steel frame trampolines! Including the world-famous Angled Wall Trampoline, an Olympic Foam Pit and one of the largest Trampoline Dodgeball cages in America! (If we’d go there, I’d bypass the foam pit, just saying I’ve been in one of those before and let’s leave it at that!)
5. Crossfire Indoor Paintball Park – They offer age divided groups so all age groups are safe and comfortable.
6. Cape Fear Serpentarium – This is home to North Carolina’s largest reptile zoo and museum! They have some of the world’s rarest and most dangerous snakes, crocs, lizards, dragons and more!
7. Wilmington Ice House – Does your family enjoy ice skating? Well how about take a break from the Summer heat then in a 30,000 sq foot ice-skating rink? The Ice House features a NHL regulation size ice surface.
8. Museum of the Bizarre – Have you ever visited an odditorium museum before? If not, then this would be one to see! In this museum, you see Houdini’s Ouija Board, the Crystal Skull of Knowledge, the Van de Graaff Machine and a lot more interesting items!
9. Moores Creek National Battlefield – This is the site of the first Patriot victory in the American Revolution. You can walk the history, nature and Tar Heel trail.
10. Battleship NORTH CAROLINA – This battleship is considered to be the world’s greatest sea weapon. During WWII, this battleship participated in every major naval offensive in the Pacific area of operations and earned 15 battle stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”