We recently had the opportunity to try and review the Thermacell Scout Camp Lantern. Our reviews of this lantern were done during a camping trip, an outdoor party and at a public fireworks display near a river.
We love sitting outside around the fire in the Summer and at outdoor events. Two of the four of us get eat alive by bugs! This year our concern is much worse due to the Zika virus.
My oldest always has a reaction to any type of mosquito bites. So when we are outside, we usually use sprays and/or candles/torches to help eliminate the bugs.
It’s not always practical taking tiki torches to outdoor events so we were really intrigued about the Thermacell Scout Camp Lantern.
Below is a video about Thermacells products
– See more at: http://dnr.vnr1.com/2016/04/22/Mosquito_Defense/#sthash.e169AFMg.dpuf
Anytime when we hear about new products, we are always skeptical if the products really work.
Something I never realized until I read all of the materials that came along with our lantern was that insects do not like chrysanthemums due to a natural insecticide that is in those flowers! Guess what I’m going to be planting around our property from now on!
Here is some information about Thermacell:
- Light produces 200 lumens of low glare LED light
- Four light settings: Low/Med/High/SOS
- 4 AA-cell batteries (not included) provide up to 40 hours of light
- Rubber Grip on handle
- Water resistant
- Hanging clip on under-side of lantern base
- Size: 7.25 inches tall; 4.25 inches wide
- Weight: 1.19 pounds (without batteries)
Mosquito Repellent Features:
- Includes one Max Life mat providing 12 hours of repellency
- Thermacell products create a 15 ft by 15 ft zone of protection in minutes that lasts hours
- Repels mosquitoes, black flies, and no-see-ums
- Silent virtually odor-free, no open flame
- Use Thermacell butane cartridge refills for mosquito repellent function; each cartridge last up to 12 hours
- Repellent is a synthetic copy of the natural repellent found in chrysanthemums; each mat lasts four hours
- Virtually odorless, silent and no open flame.
And these products have been used by the US Army in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan.
During our reviews, we were able to sit outside and didn’t get bit at all!
We are very impressed with the lantern! We also used the built in lantern for after the fireworks so we could see to gather up all of belongings! I love the versatility! It’s very light and easy to carry!
The only problem that I had, which is my own fault. I missed the part of where I had to turn it to the “start position” After that, once I got that figured out, it works great!
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”